Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time to walk the talk

"On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics."

This is a line from Obama's inaugural speech transcript (I read the transcript rather than listen to his halting, condescending tones). The irony is that he said this moments (I heard) after the partisan crowd finished booing not just Bush and Cheney, but their wives as well! What could the liberals in the crowd possibly have against these women? Other than the facts that they are conservative and married to the outgoing president and vice-president, I can't imagine. But hey - we're all about ending petty grievances, now right? Obama has proclaimed it. Here's the deal though - ending petty grievances, false promises, etc means that the Democratic congress has to play nice with the Republicans. I'm not going to hold my breath. And so starts Obama watch. As I've said before, I am determined to show Obama all the respect his position deserves - in the exact same manner that the liberals treated our last president! Maybe I'll start with the Obama Countdown Clock.

No comments: